Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hate Derives From Fear. Lend Me Your Ear. Thanks Love.

So much hatred in this life. So many people hate themselves, I am one. We hate ourselves and don't know why. We forgot what it was like before we knew dislike.

Hate for ourselves evolves into hate for others. We despise what could simply be wonderful. Our curiosity transformed into animosity. Our nature was binded and stunted our growth. Does a squirrel hate? Does a hawk let fear stifle it's hunt for prey?

We cage other animals and keep them as pets. 

pet1

pet/
noun
  1. 1.
    a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure.

We become debilitated so much so that we cruelly love other beings by enslaving them. Some say we hate slavery because slavery is wrong, bad, and derived from fear, causing unnecessary, damaging, demoralizing, painful, irreversible hate.

I once lured a cat off the street, to my apartment with my children to rid our home of mice. A funny story, whenever I tell it, we all laugh and laugh! We named him Savior, the cat. I'm more of a dog lover. I hated that damn car. He sprayed the furniture constantly, his hair was all over everything, he even slept in the baby's bassinet secretly on nights she fell asleep with me breastfeeding in the bed. I learned that cats hiss, and also, coughing up furballs isn't the way cartoons portray, it's wet and nasty like vomit. Ugh. I hated that cat but we named him Savior because he saved us from the disgusting mice that infested our home.

We are sick. This sickness is contagious. We spread this illness amongst one another accidentally, like someone who obtained influenza, doesn't know because the fever hasn't taken hold yet, and enters a room shaking hands and giving hugs in the name of love.

The virus, Hate, has a name but like the words God, and Love, can't be defined simply with a symbol made of letters we utter as a word.

There is a manifestation of fear that is plaguing humanity. We call it hate but the thoughts and feelings behind this word that birth action is something so insidious we rarely realize it exists unless the result of it's power is catastrophic.

Hate is such a smooth criminal, we often don't define it unless we are effected by it through major pain. When we are mistreated by another, depending on how much damage we're caused, we can easily believe we have brushed it off, let it go, given it up, overcame. Hate has affected us, some become sicker than others but we are infected just the same.

I rarely entertain the news that is fed to the mass' brain. I try to protect myself from empathy. I'm sick and am in fear of being sicker. The meer fact that I am consciously avoiding reality to escape the horrors caused by hate shows how powerful hate can be.

Will I end this thought with writing about the power of Love? I hate how people often do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment