Friday, June 15, 2018

Bornday of Freedom, a Future Woman.


Today marks the 11th year I birthed my daughter Free into this world/life. Happy Birthday to her, to me, and to my Mother who had a mastectomy before 1979 in her 30's. Breast Cancer was a known enemy but radiation treatment wasn't worth the risk for her to die over one booby. The prosthesis she had was uncomfortable and so she wore her body cancer free and comfortably.

At that time, in this American society, that was shocking for many. Because of my Mother's bold beauty, which included brave and healthy decisions, I was able to be born to a wonderful example of a Woman. I was given the best opportunity at a life worth living, and body to bare a future woman that I named after my Mother, Aunt, her father's legacy, but first and foremost I gave her, her birthright, Freedom.


"Mother's who love themselves can have daughters who love them and they can learn how to love and let the strength of humanity continue to win." - Warner Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment